Chronicle & History

The Lambrich Family - Hoteliers with tradition

1957

Elisabeth Lambrich, qualified chef, and her husband Albert, qualified fitter, purchased the former Villa Pies in the idyllic Heimbach valley in 1975, and ran it as a hotel/guest house with originally 5 rooms and a guest lounge.

The "Bergschlösschen" Hotel accommodated mainly holidaymakers and guests from the north of Germany, from North Rhine-Westphalia and the Rhine-Main area.


1964

Restaurant extension with seating for approx. 50. No. of hotel rooms increased from 5 to 7.


1969

Building of a bowling alley to national standard (Schere branch).


1978

First change of generation: The "Bergschlösschen" is taken over and run by son Alfred Lambrich and his wife Herta, born in Celje, Slovenia.


1983

Extension for 9 additional hotel rooms.


1994

6 new hotel rooms added.


2002

Hotel extension to the right wing, with full terrace, as breakfast and dining room to seat around 55 people. New toilet facilities in the basement. Reblaus cellar converted into a cosy wine-tasting venue and multi-purpose room for celebrations & festivities.


2008

Renamed Hotel & Restaurant "Weinberg-Schlösschen". Awarded 3-star hotel status and certification as "World Heritage Host".


2009

Extension for five additional superior single rooms. Modernisation of the kitchen. Refurbishment of the restaurant and reception areas.


2010

Second change of generation: Weinberg-Schlösschen handed over from Alfred and Herta Lambrich to sons Marc and Florian.Work on a new Junior Suite completed.


2011 Modern buffet and breakfast room extension completed.

2012

Building of another suite. Refurbishment and modernisation of all category 'C' rooms. From March 2012 new room categories: Piccolo, Classic, Classic+, Selection, Junior Suite, Suite & Superior Single Room.